Consider Care and repair for your Fire detection needs

Everyone will be aware that the Scottish Government will require all homes to have adequate Fire detection by February 2022. This means that homes should have interlinked fire detection – meaning if one alarm goes off, all of them do, providing an immediate alert to a problem.

It is understandable that many people will be confused or worried about the expense of putting a new system in by February 2022.

We are delighted to confirm that Aberdeen Care and Repair can help with purchase and installation at a fixed price, and some Aberdeen Care and Repair clients may qualify for free installation under the Scottish Government Fire Alarm Assistance scheme.

To be eligible for a free installation from Care & Repair Scotland, you must live and own your home that has a Council Tax banding of A-C. You must also either be of state pension age and in receipt of guaranteed Pension Credit or have a disability and be in a support group for Employment and Support Allowance.

For all other older people in Aberdeen, Care and Repair is offering a fixed price Supply and Fit cost based on the recommendation of the Scottish Government. All households contacting the service for assistance with this work are being offered a free Homesafe Assessment and please contact our Care and Repair team if you want to further discuss costs.

These prices are for standard properties with 1 gas appliance and no front or back lobby’s. If you have more than one gas appliance a CO2 will be required at every appliance. The Care and repair team will be able to advise you further.


Fixed Prices for Fire Alarms Supply & Fit
1 Storey without Gas £                    194.00
1 Storey with Gas £                    222.00
2 Storey without Gas £                    246.00
2 Storey with Gas £                    274.00
3 Storey without Gas £                    298.00
3 Storey with Gas £                    327.00
We can also offer an equipment only price for households that wish to fit these themselves


If you live out with the city, we recommend you contact your local Care and Repair and see if they are providing a similar scheme.